Road funding for Inishbiggle Island

Mayo Fianna Fáil TD Dara Calleary has welcomed news that funding of€45,000 has been allowoacted towards essential road maintenance on Inishbiggle Island.

Deputy Calleary received confirmation of the funding from Minister of State at the Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht, Dinny McGinley this week having brought the matter to his attention in July.

“The Minister, in reply to representations made by me in July which I made on behalf of the residents of Inishbiggle, has confirmed that he has approved a grant of €45,000 (or 75% of the cost) for works to be carried out on LS5457 on Inishbiggle Island, County Mayo.  Mayo County Council will fund the remaining 25%.”

“This is welcome news for the residents of the island,” he said.Roadworks

Post Tagged with